Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toppers Unite

Matt o

New in Town
I have good news and bad news…the good news is that this hat, box, swagger stick, etc is really neat! The hat does not appear to have ever been worn, and to my eye is in mint condition. It appears that it was purchased, and left in the box with the original tissue paper at the bottom for however many decades! The bad news is that it doesn’t fit my head! Can’t win em all I suppose!

What do you guys think about all this?

IMG_6275.jpeg
IMG_6276.jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6278.jpeg
IMG_6279.jpeg
IMG_6280.jpeg
IMG_6281.jpeg

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I have good news and bad news…the good news is that this hat, box, swagger stick, etc is really neat! The hat does not appear to have ever been worn, and to my eye is in mint condition. It appears that it was purchased, and left in the box with the original tissue paper at the bottom for however many decades! The bad news is that it doesn’t fit my head! Can’t win em all I suppose!

View attachment 618582 View attachment 618592 View attachment 618593 View attachment 618594 View attachment 618598 View attachment 618599 View attachment 618600

That is very cool. So what size do you reckon it is and are you planning to keep it or move it on? Personally this is the first top hat I have ever thought I might like for my collection - it seems to be very nice and in great shape.

Matt o

New in Town
That is very cool. So what size do you reckon it is and are you planning to keep it or move it on? Personally this is the first top hat I have ever thought I might like for my collection - it seems to be very nice and in great shape.
Hi Cowboy! I would guess a tight 7 3/8. I haven’t really thought about moving it along, and I couldn’t even find much information about the Chicago Company where it was made.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Hi Cowboy! I would guess a tight 7 3/8. I haven’t really thought about moving it along, and I couldn’t even find much information about the Chicago Company where it was made.

TFL has a number of topper collectors who might be interested if you do decide to pass it on. I’m certainly not suggesting you should (especially since I know now that it’s too big for me! :D)

Great looking lid and appears to be a worthy addition to any collection, though those who know these things will be able to say for sure.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 618582 View attachment 618592 View attachment 618593 View attachment 618594 View attachment 618598 View attachment 618599 View attachment 618600

Super Top Hat, Box, and cushion, Matt. Usually the cushion matches the name inside the hat, so maybe it isn't original to the Topper. However, it might be something Bergdorf Goodman added.

Shame it's not your size. It's sadly not mine either. If it had turned up for sale in Denmark though, I'd have been all over it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen