Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1900's Green Bowler

Denton

One of the Regulars
Very nice. I am not buying a lot of hats these days, but I am thinking about this one.

OCMH, I seem to recall that you have some experience repairing tattered brim bindings on bowlers. Do you think this would be a difficult repair job?

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
I've never done a complete one myself, i've just done the occasional stitch or two on a loose one. A full replacement would require a bit of skill to put it lightly, if you have the sewing aptitude, the link below has instructions on how to do it yourself. If not i'm sure theres a hatmaker who'd love the opportunity to try and restore that bowler.

http://glorioushats.blogspot.com/2008/04/bowler-hat-restoration.html

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
I figured that might be the case, only I thought it might have originally been a brown one.

Either way, the color its taken on now is really nice, not too mention that delightful tall crown and swoopy brim.

Denton

One of the Regulars
Interesting. I spent some time looking through the bowler / derby thread, and found one hat from roughly the same time period that looks to have faded to a similar shade of green -- a super cool bowler made by the Roelofs firm, owned by Mr. Speakeasy.

Thanks for the information, Dinerman, and thanks for the advice, OCMH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters