Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1907 dated 3 piece suit

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Any listing that is "real" or "Authentic" or "genuine" or "original", has my alarm-bells ringing. That's not how you advertise stuff unless you're an idiot.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
No.

Descriptions should always be critically read and photos closely examined to make up ones mind.
If a seller is confident that an article is original I prefer him to state exactly so to the best of his knowledge - I will judge an article to the best of my knowledge, and usually one can recognize the BS from the genuine stuff.
Better than vague descriptions that leave one with the impression that he meant to say it's just "styled" or "inspired" by this or that decade.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
The way the finish of the clothe appears in some of the pictures looked a little off to me, but check out the construction details of the trousers.This is absolutely the real deal. Complete suits of this era such good condition are exceedingly rare -- let alone the fact it's in a size that a modern person can actually wear!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
The listing confused me. At first I thought someone had found a knackered old suit, copied it and sewn in the original labels. Some of the photos make the suit appear modern. Maybe it is the way the camera flash makes the fabric appear shiny?

The confusion seems to come from the quality of the photographs. To be honest, if i was selling this, I would make sure the photos were of a higher quality in order to show the details.

I'd happily sell my children to a witch cannibal to own that suit. Oh my, what a very big price tag it's going to have …

$T2eC16NHJHQE9nzE)jdZBRK5odqv2g~~60_12.JPG

bk

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
I would much rather see "Real" in a listing than "Mad Men" or "Rockabilly."

I'd rather see "Mad Men" or "Rockabilly" than "Hipster". Or worst of all "Authentic Rockabilly Mod Swing Mad Men Hipster Rat Pack Beatnik" or something of the sort. I've even seen them throw some crazy stuff in there like "Cocktail", "Sopranos", or "Kramer". People will say anything they can think of if it will get more people to look at their listing.

But seriously, I see tons of people listing items as authentic when they really are (or at least appear to be) genuine, so I wouldn't write it off just because it's listed as authentic. But I certainly don't know enough about suits of that era to tell, myself, so don't think I'm trying to speak of its authenticity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters