Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phimaux

New in Town
Good day Fedora Lounge, this is my first ever post here, I like the 1940s and 1950s fashion and after navigating through this forum I came to the conclusion that I don't know were to get similar clothes to this style. I don´t know if this kind of post should be written on other thread but I think this could also be an interactive space for people to discuss such attaire as well as a help for my lack of knowledge in vintage clothing, wardrobe building and staples of such era. I use vintage catalogues to take inspiration from, such as this

324638242_5027678680668680_4905693102114404726_n.jpg

I have a couple high waisted lightweight wool trousers, two pullovers, a couple of ties, a spearpoint collar shirt and a fedora to my name. Unfortunately South Europe is not a place where is easy to get this style of clothing especially originals.

For now I'm trying to put together some businesses casual or leisure outfits, after trying to open some links from the "Start Here: Links to Important Threads" and needing admin privileges I decided to make a compilation of vendors for which you have experience for such clothes.

After a bit of research I have found some makers, but I would like to ask if you have any experience with any of them:

Chester Cordite: shirts, probably some trousers or sport coats and braces

Simon James Cathcart: trousers or socks

Froggy Went Courting: braces

Revival Vintage: shirts

Natty Shirts: found about them recently, unfortunately I don't know how to order and ask for the Savvy Journalist or how they fit.

Blackbird Reenactment: based in Poland they make almost anything from tie bars to overcoats

I came here to ask for suggestions for items like ties, shirts, slipovers (sweater vests), jackets, sport coats, trousers, etc. I don't intend to get everything at once but some pieces, a couple of trousers, shirts and a leather jacket or two tone leisure jacket for travel.
Something like this for trousers, a silver grey, a granite gray and a deco basket weave

Silver Gray Flannels Granite gray tweed Deco Basket Weave Wool

Any help is appreciated

Cheers!

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SJC turn out some quality products of which my wardrobe has loads. My other main go to is Pike Brothers Germany.

Phimaux

New in Town
SJC turn out some quality products of which my wardrobe has loads. My other main go to is Pike Brothers Germany.
Thanks for your suggestion of Pike Brothers, waiting for the winter sale at SJC to see if those silver grey flannels drop in price.

Also what do you think of the trouser/sport coats selection from Chester Cordite. By the way do you know of any place where I could find a slipover or sweater vest.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for your suggestion of Pike Brothers, waiting for the winter sale at SJC to see if those silver grey flannels drop in price.

Also what do you think of the trouser/sport coats selection from Chester Cordite. By the way do you know of any place where I could find a slipover or sweater vest.

I do enjoy the Michael Ross wool waistcoats (buttoned or slipovers).

i-qSCdWcN-M.jpg

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...style-sweater-vests-repro.103826/post-2956434

I am enjoying this thread.

Cheers, Eric. -

Phimaux

New in Town
I do enjoy the Michael Ross wool waistcoats (buttoned or slipovers).

i-qSCdWcN-M.jpg

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...style-sweater-vests-repro.103826/post-2956434

I am enjoying this thread.

Cheers, Eric. -
Thank you for that link to the thread I will check it out that Michael Ross for slipovers. While at it I have found deco_dreams_napier which also makes slipovers.

May I say you look dapper, especially thanks to that big apple flat cap and that buttoned slipover complements the outfit.

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Try Aero Leather for outstanding Fairisle slip overs

Phimaux

New in Town
Try Aero Leather for outstanding Fairisle slip overs
Thanks for the recommendation, I have also found Old Field Clothing making slipover as well as deco_dreams_napier. Even though I would like to get some fair island, I would prefer to start with solid bold colors (something like rust, yellow or burgundy) as I don't have the confidence to pull it off

Aero Leather also has as a nice selection of leather jackets, I should save and perhaps get one as a travel jacket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner