Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940's Press Passes

Ethan Douglas

Familiar Face
I'm trying to out together a 1940's Reporter outfit and am trying to find an authentic press pass. Does anyone have the means to reproduce them?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
There was no single standardized format for press credentials -- there were cards issued by press associations, by unions, by police departments, and by the promoters of various events. They tended to be very simple, with a place for writing or typing in the name of the holder, and some were designed to be carried in a leather card case similar to a police badge-holder. Some had a photo of the cardholder, some didn't.

seghers-anna-presseausweis-en.jpg

membercard.jpg

img002.1-e1449242782696.jpg

Dewpresspass.jpg

img_7hVTv6oWT6tomT6.jpg

With so many different formats, it wouldn't be too hard to trick up a convincing replica in Photoshop, print up using appropriate card stock, and perhaps attach a small black-and-white mug-shot type photo printed on glossy photo stock. Get an old-style office rubber stamp kit off Ebay and add appropriate validation marks, and you're all set.

Ethan Douglas

Familiar Face
Thanks so much for the reference photos and info. I unfortunately don't really have a good desktop and printer setup, nor do I have Photoshop (hopefully this will change in the the future, but probably not soon enough.) I was curious if anyone made a replica or could make one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner