Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940's Ties - Possibly a mid-50's one as well

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Here are three coming from the forties (one of them may be more mid-50's) that I am showing to you first. They are $15 each shipped in USA - for overseas, add $3 for shipping (in other words, $18 for one, $33 for two or $48 for all three). These are not quite as flashy as many in my collection, but I had selected these with the apparent conservative tastes of many loungers in mind - I will put on some extreme ones in the next month as well as more from the late 30's. Condition is excellent on all - no holes, stains, picks, fading or wear spots. All are lined with silk or rayon satin.
1) Dark red with jacquard pattern of oak leaves - long grapevine curving the full length down the middle, beside white and yellow images of a satyr superimposed on a set of pan-pipes. Labeled "All Silk" and "Thompson Clothes, Tailored, Lincoln, Neb"
2) Dark blue with wavy jacquard weave - light blue, red and white images of lyres, harps, pipes, lutes and musical notes - labled "all silk"
3) I think this one is mid-50's due to width - just barely 3" at widest point - this one is by Sulka and is so labeled, and also "Pure Silk" - The Sulka logo is woven into the red silk lining. Depicts Egyptian heiroglyphics in gray, white and black on a red background
IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
PS - I will be leaving for the Mountains of North Georgia this afternoon, and won't be NEAR a computer :) - until Sunday evening, so please excuse slow responses if you post a question or send a PM after approx 1600 today.

dogrocketp

One of the Regulars
I'd like the blue one in the middle. I'm going to wear it to a swing gig. For those people who don't know Sulka, they were one of the finest clothiers in New York City for over 50 years. There is no better quality to be had, other than custom.

LuckyKat

Practically Family
MOUNTAIN MAN...I PMed you days ago about the middle tie...I chimed in WAY before there were any comments posted to this thread....I would like to buy it

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
LuckyKat - I did receive your PM, and tried several times to answer before and after going out of town, but was unable to respond as your box was reported as full.

Last edited:

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
I owe you one as well, mate - my apologies for jumping the gun. Please let me know anything specific you are seeking & I well let you know if I have it!

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
I am going home this weekend - I will check & see - are you more into the 30's or the 40's ties? I listed a nice madder silk bow tie from Harrod's on another post here in the classifieds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy