Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1941 B-3 Flight Jacket

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This B-3 from the no name AC 17812 contract dates to 1941 and was made before the US entered the War. The maker has never been identified. I have owned others from this contract and some were made of redskin, although this one is made from dark seal spray finished sheepskin. There are several panels which have been spliced in the factory. An unusual feature of this jacket is the use of goatskin for the facings rather than horsehide which is commonly seen on this contract.It has clearly seen some use judging by the wear to the cuffs. However the M-39 Talon zip is in tact without the usual wear to the male end. The fleece is strong and supple without decay.The buckles are in remarkable condition without rust. It is marked as a 44 and is a comfortable fit.

Last edited:

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
Is the yellow shearling as in your example more historically accurate for WWII? Were any originals in the white shearling that you sometimes see in modern repros?

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The fleece colour on original B-3s ranged from almost white to a golden hew. A creamy/yellow colour is perhaps most typical.

mihai

A-List Customer
Superb jacket!

Did you notice any variation in the fit compared to other OG B-3 jackets?
I would suspect some variations thinking to the ones of A-2 jackets belonging to different contracts/makers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes