Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30's Barbering

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You guys are amazing. I love the pictures.

I did not know how cool historical reenacting was. Last summer when I was in Poland I stumbled across an announcement for a Roman history fair on a pole. I convinced my friends to go. There was a historical reenactment with Roman centurions in full gear, making a camp with ditch and pointed palisades, and some "old slavic" peasants with statues of the pre-Christian slavic gods (such as trzyglowa "the three headed one"). Several artisans were present including blacksmiths doing a demonstration of 2nd century AD blacksmithing techniques. As I am fairly familiar with Roman history I found the head guy and started talking to him. His NAME was Caesar(!) and he said he makes his living organizing historical fairs all over Europe. In addition to Roman stuff he does other periods. He said that his dream was to come to America and do civil war reenactment! Pretty cool.

Rooster

Practically Family
Small world indeed Otter. Prairie Du Chien used to be one of my favorite events back in the 80's. Havn't been there since about 92. I also used to enjoy Bloody lake over by Monroe WI. Here's me selling my guns at Bloody Lake more than a few years ago. I'll bet we have a ton of folks in common. You may have heard of the crowd I used to run with, we were called "Barbarians"
me3.jpg
[/IMG]

ConcettaCellars

New in Town
Alphonse - Pompadour instructions

Big Al,

In my quest to find a good barber near me, is there a website or other information that I could print out and give to the barber? Sometimes I think I give pretty good instruction but end up getting scalped. I have long sides now only because they screw the fade up so often.

Cheers,

SappySwami

Familiar Face
Marc Chevalier said:

It's the very haircut I got today! Mostly because I forgot to tell my new barber
to leave some on the sides to slick back also. But I actually like it. Not-slicked it's kind of funny looking, but I'll deal with that because having stuff in my hair everyday gets old fast.

Rick's Barbershop on Geary (5000 range) in SF if anyone else wants to check it out. It's a closet sized place, but the guy knows his stuff. He cleaned me up with a straight edge razor and gave me a neck rub with a crazy vibrating glove. All for 11 bucks! Glad I found a new barber. Now it feels like my move is complete.

Jovan

Suspended
That haircut is a favourite of the band Laibach, for it's subtle allusion to the days of Nazi Germany. A lot of their videos and costumes are styled like something from fascist propaganda, and the covers they do of other bands often sound more anthem-like. It's quite fascinating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24