Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50's boots for my tootsies.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Weather is callin for the vamp boot look. Yeah!
Looking for some 50's inspired style boots. Bout mid-calf to knee hight.

Any ideas ladies?

LD

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know this is of no help, but I'm looking for a pair too. At this point any cute vintage or vintagey boot will do. Just something cute to wear when the weather isn't too bad. Somthing that looks a little cuter than my big clunky bean duck boots. They are great for snow storms, for they come up to my knee and I can easily tuck my pants into them. But, they sure are lacking in style. If I find any, I'll let you know. But for now, I'm at a loss. Even ebay has nothing:(

BegintheBeguine

Not quite vintagey, but they're wedgies

I purchased from www.delias.com boots I thought looked vintage: Klondike boots 14921 at 30 USD. (No photo because I can't post attachments yet.) Although they are definitely this century (shudder) I love them!! Many ladies' boots for everyday wear had that fake fur on them back then so I'm satisfied. You just can't find repro boots and I have been looking for years.

Sunny

One Too Many
I'm confused...

Are we talking warm/winter boots, or ordinary day boots? Because my understanding is that boots went out for day wear after Edwardian times and didn't show up again until the '60s. The exceptions, of course, are rain/snow boots and riding boots. There mightn't be any repro boots out there because there aren't any boots to repro from! [huh]

Sunny

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
I purchased from www.delias.com boots I thought looked vintage: Klondike boots 14921 at 30 USD. (No photo because I can't post attachments yet.) Although they are definitely this century (shudder) I love them!! Many ladies' boots for everyday wear had that fake fur on them back then so I'm satisfied. You just can't find repro boots and I have been looking for years.
I forgot, my cubemate has some tall boots (just short of the knee) with less than 2" wedges. I'm not sure how vintage-y they are, but they're cute and look really comfortable.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Well, what I'm thinking is the sort of thing my grandmother used to wear -- a dressy rubber overshoe with a heel, a zip front, and fur trim around the cuff. Just the thing to wear over your good shoes to keep off the snow and slush and salt. I see these on eBay from time to time, but they're never big enough to fit me, and even if they were, I'd worry about whether the rubber would be up to regular wear.

I'd think there'd be someone, somewhere doing a boot in this style -- but I've searched and searched without success....

BegintheBeguine

For walking on sidewalks

I was thinking of those overshoes too, but they are nowhere to be found. I'm planning to wear the wedgies with the fur as the next best thing outdoors going to and from work and school, while carrying my shoes, in a vintage shoebag, to change into once I get indoors. If this Winter turns out to be like tha last one, the snow won't get too deep very often. ;)

Snookie

Practically Family
They're not knee-height, not overshoes, and not 50's, but here's some vintage boot pics. 1939, Sears catalog.

scan_6915144615_1.jpg

scan_6915144729_1.jpg

maisie

Practically Family
I love all of those boots, especially the white and black ones, see back then they could even make boots look glamorous! And i love the fur trimed 'proper' snow boots lol!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I guess Im looking for all of the above. I really want a nice pair of 'city' calf high boots with a nice vintage feel. Something to wear with capes and pencil skirts.

LD

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Hi gals,
There are two pairs of galoshes up on ebay right now; the seller has them up under 1940's galoshes. One has real fur on them, so I'm not sure how they'd go over with ya, but I thought I'd let you know, anyhow.

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Ok, I've just found a bunch more. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any like Miss Day wants, but the rest of you who want the 40s style should go over to ebay.

Sunny

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
I guess Im looking for all of the above. I really want a nice pair of 'city' calf high boots with a nice vintage feel. Something to wear with capes and pencil skirts.

LD

Well then, what I suggest is some classy riding boots. No spike heels, no huge rubber treads, no weird toe box shaping, no hardware except for genuine/realistically useful buckles or even lacing. It might take a little searching since there's so much variety, but they're out there. I've got two pair, one black and one brown, and I wear them so much 6-8 months out of the year. The brown ones are so broken in at the ankles they're starting to look worn out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn