Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A long-shot of a question

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I'm trying to track down an online vintage clothing store that I neglected to bookmark yesterday, and I hope maybe someone here can help me.

I don't even know what Google search or link I used to find it, so it's definitely a long shot.

The store carried men's and women's vintage clothing, and the general layout in any given section (men's neckties, for example), was a single vertical row of pictures and descriptions, not unlike this one:

http://www.american-vintage.net/ties30s.html

That is not the site, however; it's just the closest I can come in appearance to the one I'm trying to find.

What distinguished the one I'm looking for from the above one was an pale orange background (I think -- I could be remembering wrong) and the fact that under each item for sale, there were links to closeup shots of the item reading "Detail" and, occasionally, "Closeup."

Also, on the pages with many items on them, requiring a good deal of scrolling, there were various unrelated vintage images. Just a single image, every now and then, to, I guess, break up the monotony after every five or six items for sale.

There, that's it. It's not much to go on, I know, but if anyone has any idea which site I might have stumbled upon (and then stumbled away from), please post a link below.

Thanks in advance.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, but unfortunately I wasn't on my own machine -- I was at work, a weekend job.

Perhaps I'll manage to figure it out next week at work, but I had lots of tabs open at the time, and I'm not sure I'll be able to track it down.

Hopefully, some Lounger will recognize it from my description above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou