Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A New Banjo Paterson

dallastech

New in Town
I feel like I've gotten to sit at the big people table... Today my Banjo Paterson, size 58, arrived. WOW! What a difference between it and my first - a Three Forks size 57, too tight. Having worn the BJ, I'm ready to look at a real Fedora - so jump in and help me, I have 2 browns and would like to have a gray - so which of these is going to be my next hat - a Sydney, a Federation, or a Stylemaster - Comments - Please.

Selvaggio

One of the Regulars
Hi, I can't really help you with your choice, being a bit of a hat neophyte, but I feel compelled to comment because my first every grown up hat was a grey stylemaster. I loved that hat.

Sadly, I left it on a train in Czechoslovakia in 1989. :(

billysmom

One Too Many
dallastech said:
I feel like I've gotten to sit at the big people table... Today my Banjo Paterson, size 58, arrived. WOW! What a difference between it and my first - a Three Forks size 57, too tight. Having worn the BJ, I'm ready to look at a real Fedora - so jump in and help me, I have 2 browns and would like to have a gray - so which of these is going to be my next hat - a Sydney, a Federation, or a Stylemaster - Comments - Please.

Congrats and welcome!

I have no opinion about your best choice for "real fedora", but please be warned that it will not be your last. ;)

Sue

filfoster

One Too Many
Home Additions

billysmom said:
Congrats and welcome!

I have no opinion about your best choice for "real fedora", but please be warned that it will not be your last. ;)

Sue

The hurdle is a dozen or so. After that, your spouse or significant other won't notice a new one. Unless you're wearing it to bed. That's for another thread...

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billysmom said:
Congrats and welcome!

Sue

Amen to that!

jwalls

Vendor
Welcome

Hope you have a great time here, Sue is right. I inventoried last night. I'm up to 86.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

billysmom

One Too Many
jwalls said:
Hope you have a great time here, Sue is right. I inventoried last night. I'm up to 86.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

jwalls, you're braver than I am. I am avoiding that sordid reality at this time.

Sue

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
jwalls said:

86??!!

You must be in the running for the FL Hydra Award for the largest collection of lids.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
I doubt you can really go wrong with any of the three that you mentioned (Stylemaster, Sydney, or Federation). I don't own a Sydney or a Fed, but I do own two Stylemasters & I really like them.

Welcome to the Lounge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot