Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A new work of Art

indyguy

New in Town
On friday I received an awsome package it was my fedora from Art fawcett
I picked the dark moss felt with a tall tear drop crown and a 2 5/8th brim Art picked the color for the brim binding I wanted to go with a 30's style fedora,Here's a pic and the rest are in the link i'm providing I had just taken the hat through a rain strom so when I took the pics the hat was still wet.<p>
hat3.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v242/highlander21/new%20indy/?sc=1&addtype=local

indyguy

New in Town
yeah it's green I would say the picture that shows the color the best is the one of me wearing the hat.

undertaker

Practically Family
Another great example of Art's handy work:eusa_clap , It is a fine looking hat. I too have been pondering on this Moss color for my next one.... decisions, decisions. I hope to have mine from Art tomorrow, I think I shall camp by the mailbox and waitlol . Once again it looks like a beautiful hat.

Regards,
J.S.

matei

One Too Many
Congratulations! Very nice indeed.

I like Art's trademark bow treatment. That little splash of colour is a nice touch.

How is the felt? Is it supple or a stiffer treatment?

indyguy

New in Town
I'v been wearing the hat for a couple days man do I ever love this hat it's soft and pliable the sweat band is amazingly soft the whole hat reminds me of wearing one of my high end vintage hat,art what leather do you use for the sweatband?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Indyguy, I was turned on this summer to the company that supplies the leathers for the military so they are "military grade" roan and to date, I have found none better. Another company is touting the "Kangaroo" sweatbands but they scare the doodoo out of me. The leather is tanned with a chrome solution that was banned in the hat industry in the 1950s because of the skin reactoins it gives. yikes...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24