Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Newcomer

Shann23

New in Town
Hello folks! I seem to have a dilemma on my hands.

I really, really love old clothes (20s-50s era), or anything from that era that is vintage-inspired. Mostly, I have a great love for 50's swing dresses. I've looked through some of the websites on the stickied post, but the prices all seemed a bit too steep for me (I'm a student, not too much income there). I was wondering if any of you ladies had any suggestions for finding dresses a bit more in my price range (say $40-60)? I would be very appreciative of any feedback you can provide :)

Tatum

Practically Family
Hi Shann23, and welcome. I understand how hard it can be to find nice pieces in that price range, as I try to stay in it too! Try scouting your local thrift stores. If you hunt, you can find great stuff sometimes. Try Etsy.com as well, do a search for "50's dress" or similar. You might be surprised what you find! And if you have any desire to learn to sew (assuming you don't know how already), learn to make what you want. The ladies here all have great advice and expertise, everyone is always willing to help. There are lots of retro patterns you could start with.

Good luck! :)

Shann23

New in Town
Thank you! I was just mentioning to a friend that I needed to learn how to sew.. it'd make things more fun/a bit easier I'd imagine!
I'm gonna have to make a trip downtown soon... we have a lovely section of town full of vintage shops, so that'd be a good place to start :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS