Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Prairie Home Companion Live in HD!

Professor

A-List Customer
On Thursday, February 4, 2010, a live performance of A Prairie Home Companion will be beamed into select theaters nationwide.

Go to www.prairiehome.org for theaters and ticket information.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/PmgMiv1hbVs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/PmgMiv1hbVs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We'll be showing this, and have already sold over 200 tickets. So far no one has been put off by the fact that they won't actually be here in person -- we don't have enough seats for Keillior's entourage, let alone the audience!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One of my life goals is to play on PHC. Until I get to, I listen religiously. But I think I will wait and watch it on line... as I am playing that night!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I may wait and save my pennies for the live shows - they're doing two here in Seattle later in the season. Seeing the theater broadcast is $18 a seat.

And yet, part of my brain is pondering...if this is suppposed to be like a old fashioned live radio program, isn't "theatre of the mind" supposed to far surpass what one would actually see? [huh]

Professor

A-List Customer
Mike in Seattle said:
And yet, part of my brain is pondering...if this is suppposed to be like a old fashioned live radio program, isn't "theatre of the mind" supposed to far surpass what one would actually see? [huh]
That's actually how I feel, I prefer just listening. ;) For those who want to see though, here's their opportunity.

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
Watching the show live is quite entertaining, a different experience than simply listening. I don't know how the show will come across on video and sadly don't have the time to see the movie in the theater.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit