Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Smoke You've Probably Never Heard Of

ezrydn

New in Town
Last time I was in the US, I was surprised that you no longer sell unfiltered cigarettes. At least, two days of hunting left me empty handed.

Here in Mexico, they have a brand called "Faros." They come filtered and unfiltered. The unfiltered has a great taste and a bit of a kick if you've never smoked one before. I'm always having to tell friends up there "I brought enough for me. I didn't know I'd have to supply you, too!" Everyone wants one. And they're only sold here, in Mexico. They come 15 packs to a celophane carton and each pack holds 15 cigarettes.

We can only bring 200 cigarettes into the US so I carry 200 and my wife carry's additional packs for me.

There's a funny story about Faros. It has to do with their "logo."
http://mexicobob.blogspot.com/2008/04/faros-ya-chup-faros.html

I tried a carton of the filters and they had no taste at all after the "Faritos."

Rice paper and natural tobacco, no additives. And, at 13 pesos a pack, ya can't beat it with a stick! In fact, I'm lighting one right now! They're about the size of unfiltered Camels or Luckies.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Have you tried unfiltered Pall Malls? (Pronounced "pell mell" if you want to have a vintage-correct pronunciation!) That's the brand Robert Mitchum smoked. They sell them in New York and elsewhere I'm sure.

ezrydn

New in Town
I used to smoke Pall Mall reds a long time ago. Their taste doesn't come close to a Faros. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not smoking wood pulp with it. My wrapper is rice paper.

shortbow

Practically Family
When I lived on the Border, my favorite cigarettes were Delicados. Never tried any smokes from anywhere else that could match them, dirt cheap and apparently they are considered quite de classe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy