Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A thank you to Hawaii.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Hawaii, for your gross manipulation of the Montecristi market.

It is awfully nice of you to send your henchmen out, ignoring the proper protocol, and paying the weavers such great wages. Of course, you are now cutting out the middlemen and the consumer. Such is your pathetic little life of grubbing for money.

You know how to reach me, you little vile man.

Robert 260-343-2686

-zohar's comment-
moved to Hats since it probably belongs there.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What is this about?

Bob, I am a bit in confusion over what the heck this post is even all about!?!?!
Can you shed some light? You sound like *sarcastic * and bitter here. Hawaii is a state..did they pass some new law that hurt your free trade?

I'm curious, too. I'm about to shop for some new straws and I'd just as soon do right by all concerned, including myself. So what's the controversy? Please include me in a PM if you'd rather do it that way.

It isn't a lack of imagine I'm suffering from here, it's a knowledge deficit. But I'm looking to get educated. The implication seems to be that some Hawaii-based straw-hat dealer, who sells for big money, has done something with which Bob takes severe exception. But that's conjecture, 'cuz I don't know what the heck is going on. So tell me, please.

photobyalan

A-List Customer
Well, the WHO is easy. The why is still to be explained.

Sounds to me like the "little vile man" might be discouraging weavers in some way from selling to Robert, in effect pulling a "Wal-Mart" on him to either drive his prices up or drive him out of the business altogether. Am I getting warm?

I get a bit of a creepy-crawly feeling looking at that Hawaiian website anyway. A little too much shameless self-promotion. Seems to be all about what a great guy he is, while he's picking your pocket with those prices. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy