Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A true American HERO dies

Feraud

Bartender
I recall Scott from reading about the CBI theater of war.
It amazes me that other than local news outlets no one mentions it. Perhaps it is too early. I will keep my ears open for it. Thanks for posting the link.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
He is a HERO

Excellent man, great hero. I loved the book, and the film. What a sad state of affairs, life that is. We loose the best of the best generation.

Don Knotts, Darren McGavin, Dennis Weaver, and this man a true war hero.

Some of the best are passing soon, we are witnesses to that. God bless them all.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What an amazing life he must have lived. Can you imagine fighting in the China, Burma, and India theater? What sights he must have seen, watching the old world die in the throes of war only to be reborn into the new.

We have all read about the loss of the Library at Alexandria. Each person is a bit like a library, full of the sights they have seen, the people they have met, the character they have built. Then, one morning, it is gone.

We celebrate their lives and aspire.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Damn.

I met Gen Scott back in the mid- 70's when I was in High school, he gave an informal talk to a group of aircraft modelers & aviation historians while he was in town to sign some of Bob Carlin's prints.

It was a fascinating couple of hours hearing his experiences.

genscott.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24