Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

About freakn time this got here

jpbales

Practically Family
I'm thinking that if you really wanted the brim snapped down in the front (it's fine the way it is tho anyway) that if you wet the binding ribbon some and finessed the brim with some steam you could get it to snap down. I read in another thread that the edge-binding ribbon can shrink, which puts tension around the edge of the brim and creates the "snap," so if you wet the ribbon it may relax some. Great work though! I definitely think that ribbon looks better than the leather thing, by the way! Thumbs up!

Wil Tam

Practically Family
Thanks Man!

deanglen said:
Yeah, I know how tough it is, I gave up on doing 'right' myself, and resorted to using an adhesive in a couple of instances. Not proud of it, but the frustration was simply too great. Good stitching job, BTW, Will! Love your work.

Get yourself a stitch awl like I & some of the others like minded individuals on here, then make sure you also order the fine needles and the thread that goes with it.... Let me tell you, it made the stitching look 90% nicer because it is even and straight if you cheat by using the existing stitch holes that is right on the leather sweat [there are two rows use the one furthest away from the edge of the brim] skipping one as you go around. Before I started using it the stitching came out uneven and I really needed to hide the work with the ribbon :eek: .... now I don't need to worry too much ;)

----------------
Now playing: Audioslave - Wide Awake
via FoxyTunes

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats