Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero custom Bootlegger

Edward

Bartender
Cracking jacket. I know Aero did a run of A2s in Buffalo some years back, if anyone knows when that might help date it. I love the Bootlegger..... wearing my own modified fqhh cordovan model now.

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hi Traut!

I was contemplating bidding on your jacket, so I asked the lister:
(1) What is the weight of the jacket?
(2) How does one know it is buffalo?

His response follows: (1) He's estimating 7-8lbs.
(2) The lister is selling for a third party jacket collector. "It was a one-off, specially made by Aero for a customer who found it too heavy. Aero took the jacket back and gave the original buyer a conditional refund based on re-sale. The re-sale was to me,(3rd party jacket collector) so everyone was happy. The jacket worked well for me--I didn't find it too heavy--but I wore it very little because I have too many of the damn things. The source of the jacket was the owner/founder of Aero, Ken Calder!" The 3rd party jacket collector also said, "They don't work with buffalo as a rule. And this jacket has some other smaller modifications from the basic model I think. But it came directly from Aero, and it's the real deal for absolute sure."

Traut, hope this helps and it seems like you have a great jacket with tremendous provenance. Congratulations!

Best regards, coffee

P.S. When I compared the measurements to what I need, they fell a little short......so I didn't bid.

Traut

Familiar Face
too much coffee said:
Hi Traut!

I was contemplating bidding on your jacket, so I asked the lister:
(1) What is the weight of the jacket?
(2) How does one know it is buffalo?

His response follows: (1) He's estimating 7-8lbs.
(2) The lister is selling for a third party jacket collector. "It was a one-off, specially made by Aero for a customer who found it too heavy. Aero took the jacket back and gave the original buyer a conditional refund based on re-sale. The re-sale was to me,(3rd party jacket collector) so everyone was happy. The jacket worked well for me--I didn't find it too heavy--but I wore it very little because I have too many of the damn things. The source of the jacket was the owner/founder of Aero, Ken Calder!" The 3rd party jacket collector also said, "They don't work with buffalo as a rule. And this jacket has some other smaller modifications from the basic model I think. But it came directly from Aero, and it's the real deal for absolute sure."

Traut, hope this helps and it seems like you have a great jacket with tremendous provenance. Congratulations!

Best regards, coffee

P.S. When I compared the measurements to what I need, they fell a little short......so I didn't bid.
Thanks guys.

Its funny I didn't see the listing until this morning. I think the word Buffalo was the issue.

I had exactly the same question for the seller and received a copy of your email.

Any idea what the cost of buffalo was to horsehide or cow? In the middle or at the low end?

Thanks

H

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
Hmm, wonder if that's American Bison which many call buffalo or if it's the Asian water buffalo that is widely used. I understand there is a difference in hand, grain etc. but don't recall what.

If the jacket had been one size smaller .......... ;)

Traut

Familiar Face
Thanks. The scary thing is the incoming package weighs 16 pounds! The depth of the hide is what impressed me. I'll post some photos over the weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany