Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Motorcycle Jacket - Custom "Elvis" style - 46

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Ebay Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/153072061172

Back Story, I am the second owner of the very unique, one-off Aero Leather Motorcycle Jacket. Picked it up from a member here last winter. Nice jacket that was still essentially new when I received it. I have worn it a decent bit, 25-35 times or so, enough to see a TON of grain and character developing in the Horsehide. (See photos following) The FQHH used on this jacket is noticeably softer and more flexible than others I have handled. However the fit for me is just not correct. It's a little short for me at 6' 1" and just a little looser cut than I prefer. So I am sending it out to a good home.

Please note the "D" Pocket, which is a very unique type on this jacket. Also note that my camera made the jacket appear "Waxy" or very glossy. While it is a very true, deep black, it's a little more matte of finish than the photos really depict.

From the ebay ad:

Up for sale is a nicely broken in Front Quarter Horsehide Aero Leathers of Scotland Motorcycle Jacket! This is a very customized Aero, and the closest current jacket in their lineup to this one is the Aero Elvis jacket. However even the Elvis does not have this style of "D-Pocket"! Jacket is lined with heavy cotton drill, there are no inside pockets. No storm cuffs in the sleeves. All zippers, snaps and hardware are antique brass and work very well. Jacket comes from a smoke and pet free home and has no unusual orders. There is a small scrape on the backside in the lower external kidney panel that should not affect the durability of this jacket. There is also a half-belt to allow for waist adjustments. Please see photos for full details.

Fit details, Tagged a Men's size 46 (US XL), this Aero Motorcycle jacket runs fairly true to size.
Apx. Dimensions:
Pit to Pit: 25"
Shoulders: 20"
Torso: (Apx) 19"
Back: 24"
Waist: 22.5"
Sleeve Straight down: 25.25"
Sleeve around sleeve: 26.75"

For FL Members: $575 with CONUS Shipping Included (via PayPal)

Please ask any questions you may have...

Photos are next....someone's dream is here! :)

IMG_6186.JPG
IMG_6196.JPG
IMG_6189.JPG
IMG_6192.JPG
IMG_6201.JPG IMG_6200.JPG IMG_6195.JPG IMG_6193.JPG
IMG_6191.JPG

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So in answer to a question I was asked about the nick on the back, see the following and the following photo as well.
I took a more detailed photo with a dime beside it. Looking at the jacket from a normal wearing perspective, I would say it's about the "length" of the dime and about 1/2 the "height" of the dime. It's not deep, it's just through the outer surface layer, think clear-coat on car paint.
IMG_6206.JPG

Edward

Bartender
Very nice. FWIW, that D pocket was the standard on the Aero Elvis jacket ten or twelve years ago when I first looked at them; the newer style is a revision Ken made which more accurately replicates a specific jacket Elvis wore on his Harley around 1956.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot