Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra hat like the Squatter but with wider brim

Brimster

New in Town
There's at least one thread somewhere on this forum with rather explicit instructions and photographs of how to make a hatband with a bow.
I would think that most any competent tailor or seamstress should be able to do this.
Sewing on a length of ribbon to make a bound brim edge should be even easier.

I once took a fino montecrisiti panama to a seamstress' shop (there are no millineries here) to have the hat band readjusted and they totalling messed it up; I was absolutely gobsmacked. The UAE is a great place to live, but it is simply not a hat wearing country.

Last edited:

Brimster

New in Town
They all have raw edges and the first two are a little too western for me. I think the solution may simply be a Bushman with a fedora bash and a wider hatband and ribbon. I read some where in the forums that the moonstone is available from David Morgan in a very dark shade that is closer to steel grey if you specifically ask for it.

JackieMatra

A-List Customer
For what it's worth.
I have Bushmen in both Nullabor Tan and Moonstone.
The felt of the Moonstone is noticeably thicker and heavier than that of the Nullabor Tan one.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
"The UAE is a great place to live"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dhabi#Climate
And that's without the humidity data, which I have heard is well nigh unbelievable.
Ah, well. Different strokes for different folks.
Abu Dhabi's December and January temps are much like the ones in July and August (and September, and June, and sometimes October and May) in Da Swamp here. And we have horrible humidity too!

Brimster

New in Town
"The UAE is a great place to live"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dhabi#Climate
And that's without the humidity data, which I have heard is well nigh unbelievable.
Ah, well. Different strokes for different folks.

Some of those temperatures are actually quite modest; it was 43°C (109.4 °F) where I was today in the eastern part of the UAE, and we're not even in June yet. By August it can hit 55°C (131°F).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace