Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alan featured at Colossal

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
sun-4.jpg

This is Colossal Alan-Friedmans-astonishing-hd-photographs-of-the-sun

Last edited:

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I still remember his TedX talk that showed up on the Lounge a while back. Glad to see more of his work getting out there. Congrats, Alan! :eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations, Alan!!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Those pictures are absolutely incredible!!! I've never seen anything like it before. They are so incredibly detailed!

Sprinkles

One of the Regulars
I agree with everything said! These photos are so amazing! Easily rivals anything from NASA, the detail is just spectacular!!

Thanks so much for noticing and the notes.

I am still trying to get my brain around how this internet thing works. It's a very nice story, but of course no one called for permission or background. One of my pictures (an older one) appeared on the front page of Reddit for a while earlier today. Perhaps this is where it was seen and picked up. Certainly I am getting more than my fair share of the 15 minutes. Now I have to stop reading the comments and get back to my real job - taking hat pictures. :)

sunny skies!
Alan

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Hard to be original in this day and age Alan, congratulations of your fine work. Cool visions of something we rarely see yet is always there.

Good thing you don't take your hobbies seriously or you'd be unemployable. Oh wait, I forgot your self employed! You rascal you :)

Thanks again for checking this out and sharing your comments.

It's crazy how this Internet news thing snowballs. Photo editors need a new story every 15 seconds so they are hot to jump on something when it appears. The story on ThisIsColossal was picked up by a bunch of trending sites - Gizmodo, Geekology, Yahoo, Petapixel and I'm sure a pile of others I haven't found yet. My Ted talk which drew 3500 views since its release two months ago, added another 8000 views while I was asleep last night.

The fifteen minutes should be over by tomorrow morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou