Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amish made hat, size 7 1/2

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I went through a phase where I wanted examples of every kind of hat so when I saw that hand made Amish hats were available, I got one. Now that I'm past that phase, I'm offering it for sale, much less than I paid for it. It's a size 7 1/2, obviously in the color of black. Never worn, just collected. $125 gets it economy shipped to CONUS

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

kidroyal

New in Town
Interesting hat. What are the crown and brim on this one? Obviously a good quality fur felt right?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
brim: 2 1/2 inches, crown is 5 inches at highest and 4 inches at low point. And yes the quality of the felt is excellent, as you'd expect from the Amish.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Hello. My Husband has a hat that appears to be exactly the same hat. It needs a leather sweatband badly, but it says something about "imported fur" inside the hat. Just wondering if it is also a Amish made hat? It is a really nice looking hat and seems to have nice character.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Hello. My Husband has a hat that appears to be exactly the same hat. It needs a leather sweatband badly, but it says something about "imported fur" inside the hat. Just wondering if it is also a Amish made hat? It is a really nice looking hat and seems to have nice character.
Yes, this is Amish-made, in Pennsylvania. My priority in collecting is to get authentically made hats, by the craftsmen of whatever particular part of the world I am in. Although in this case they are selling them via a partner who has a web connection, because of course they don't do the internet themselves. I got the link from somewhere here on the Lounge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn