Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

And if you were to do a modern North by Northwest with a female lead?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I think it's high time the movie got its remake, but it's quite a challenge to make it in a modern society with so manning trappings of the past being essential to what made the movie great. There was humor in every dramatic scene, and all the drama and suspense was amplified in many ways by the demeanor and dress of 1959.

Now here is the question... How do you think the film would fair if made today, cast with a female lead?

gear-guy

Practically Family
Most remakes are never as good for many reasons but if it were done I vote for Amy Adams. Just because I think she is super sexy and talented.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
NBNW is one of my favourite movies. I would be intensely skeptical of any cinematic director being able to pull off a successful remake.

That said. Why is a remake even necessary?

DesertDan

One Too Many
NBNW is one of my favourite movies. I would be intensely skeptical of any cinematic director being able to pull off a successful remake.

That said. Why is a remake even necessary?

Exactly this.
Furthermore, modern technology make such a plotline much less credible.

Edward

Bartender
Exactly this.
Furthermore, modern technology make such a plotline much less credible.

Must be a lot of traditional plotlines that have been made redundant by technology. Back in 92, Cracker had a stunning sequence where Christopher Ecclestone's policeman has been stabbed, and gives "the testimony of a dying man" over his radio. These days, all the polis in England can be traced by GPRS, so that incredibly tense scene with the control frantically trying to find him before he dies while not knowing his location would never have happened.

Mobile phones is another.... though the horror genre has gotten around that one by developing a new trope of establishing a lack of signal at the old, dark house....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou