Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Newbie: Lucky or Sucker, you decide...

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The model

From what I understand, these were the kewpie dolls of their day - rather than winning a stuffed purple monkey, a Guns N Roses mirror, or a goldfish, the winner of a carnival game arount the 1890s could win a bust. They were considered cheap trinkets, just like everything at carnivals today, resulting in many of them being thrown away, repainted, or even gilded (I'm waiting to see my first gilded purple monkey.) I'm not a collector, I just like it.

I also know it looks like it could use a cleaning, but I'm not about to wash away all of that paint. I watch Roadshow, I know the score. ;)

2530636257_e84079ddc9.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino - modern, rainproof

I almost forgot this one.
Like the vintage Borso, this is one of the ones I wear most often, because I'm not worried about hurting it.
2530620891_9df2586017.jpg

2530620899_8b727ec831.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
My first fedora.
It's not bad, but it's nothing special.
2530668433_b7ee18bca8.jpg

2531483210_a0abbb9cc5.jpg

2531485516_49225bd01e.jpg

2530669135_27177c10d4.jpg
I don't think I could pull of a brim as short but there is something I like about these, my wife has a hat like this given to her by another lounger. it is my favorite hat she has, a nice green color with only a center dent.:D

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I call it "this hat is a little big for me, but it's so pliable, that I can shape it while it's on my head so that it isn't just the crown resting on my head." There's no way I could do this with any other hat. All of the hype about the 7x clear beaver is true.

It's really not a style.
It's more of a necessity.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
I don't think I could pull of a brim as short but there is something I like about these, my wife has a hat like this given to her by another lounger. it is my favorite hat she has, a nice green color with only a center dent.:D

As a starter, you need that stingy brim (or, at least, I did). You feel strange enough at first, so you don't need that 3" OR brim hanging out there like a flashing sign.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
I don't know what to say about this one, it's simply beautiful! The colors, binding and ribbon work are perfect!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks. I wanted to go sage because the colors, especially the brighter ones, seem less popular. I like the many shades of gray and brown just fine, and dark green is very nice, but the sage and powder blue were my favorites.

I think the next one will be in blue. Then, the one after that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou