Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another "The Professionals" marathon week

Naphtali

Practically Family
I'm having another marathon week with "The Professionals" (1966), starring Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin, Robert Ryan, Woody Strode, Ralph Bellamy, et al. I've decided in my own mind that Lee Marvin wears more than one campaign hat, probably two. One is significantly less angular than the other in its Montana Peak.

Lancaster and Ryan's hats -- what are your best estimates of their brim widths and crown heights? My on-screen comparison with the campaign hat tends toward both hats being 3-3.25-inch brims. Neither has much Western hat tricorn shape for its brim. Crown height -- ???

Bellamy's hat is one I want to emulate. I have not seen one like it other than in the motion picture unless it is some sort of "Open Road" shape rendered as a snap brim.

Prop hats with the most "personality" as my mother used to say about some of mine, are Strode's fedora??? and Marvin's campaign hat, pointy version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925