Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any "American Mystique" Flight jacket owners?

adam

New in Town
Hey everyone!

I was curious of anyone owned or had any experience with a company I came across called "American Mystique."

I was curious how they compared to some of the other less expensive fellows (US Wings etc.) in their A-2s and G-1s. I couldn't find any earlier discussions about them. Any thoughts?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
American Mystique used to sell Cooper jackets: it is only recently that they're branding the jackets with their own name. I think they're comparable to US Wings and Legendary USA - modern-spec jackets with undistinguished hardware and synthetic knits.

(I have a theory that there's a single factory in New Jersey - the old Cooper outfit - that now produces house-brand military jackets for several dealers: products that appear nearly identical, and run in the same general price range.)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I agree, and would add that they're probably very leery that their customer base might get wise to the fact, or indeed to the existence of smaller outfits like US-A or G&B, doing higher quality stuff for not that much more money.

ATotalNoob

New in Town
I have just discovered American Mystique recently, in my search for a B3. Their prices on their named product are now about 300 USD cheaper than the Schotts and G&B. Unfortunately, price is a factor for me, so I am leaning toward something less expensive but not so cheap as to be plastic and rayon.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with their B3s, with regard to quality. I realize you get what you pay for, but are they actual shearling or ... ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran