Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know about Baron Boutique in Nepal?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Caveat emptor with such businesses (i.e., Baron Boutique and Mysuitmaker.com). They use photos taken from fashion magazines and other designers' websites. That picture of the double-breasted tropical weight suit is most probably not a photo of a suit that Baron Boutique has actually made. In other words, they may have "borrowed" the photo from another designer's site. Baron Boutique may try to copy the suit you see, but there's no guarantee that it will look exactly like the one in the photo.

Good luck!

maintcoder

A-List Customer
I did it!

Well John, I did it. I ordered the men's tropical 3 piece double breasted suit and it fits like a dream. I ordered the camel vicuna - the actual color is darker than the swatch, but I like the deep dark brown. You just can't find dark brown double breasted suits (at least I couldn't find any!)

I sent it out to get pressed and will be wearing it next week for sure. And I received it in 10 days! Now to find a hat to match...

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Pictures coming...

I'll have my girlfriend take some pictures this weekend after I pick it up from being pressed. Look for them late Saturday or Sunday.

maintcoder said:
I ordered the camel vicuna - the actual color is darker than the swatch, but I like the deep dark brown. You just can't find dark brown double breasted suits (at least I couldn't find any!)

Too right! Brown has fallen from favour for menswear, it would seem. It used to be a staple colour - every man had a brown suit. Now, you're right: Nada. I don't see many brown vintage suits going either.

Can't wait to see yours. I had a few suits made through the Asian route. They fit well. Good business suits. A snappy thirties suit ain't quite the thing for an interview, and i don't want to drop $600+ on an off the rack, or $1200+ for bespoke.

bk

Brown DB Suit

Hi MC!

No, I haven't had the time to get measured as they have listed in their ordering instructions. Your suit looks to be a fine fit and as mentioned before the classic brown suit is rarely seen these days. Have you been able to match a hat to the ensembale?

Sincerely,

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Thanks!

It was exactly $199, just as the website states. That price includes the shipping too, I might add.

I haven't found a hat yet, but I haven't been searching too much until I had the suit and could compare the color. Now, I will have a new mission to find the right lid to pull it all together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot