Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anytime, free: Turner Classic Movies channel

Martina

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure how all of your cable stations work but I thought I might throw this out there, in the hopes that some others of you might have this station!

We have a cable channel titled FREE MOVIES -it's part of the I-Control area ('I-Control' meaning that you, the viewer, control what you see and when; it works like you have a movie in your VCR or DVD player or like a Pay-per-View movie, except that you DON'T pay!). Anyway, once you go to that station, you are given a menue of groups that you can then search. There are a couple of different headings one being Sundance, another is about upcoming pay-channel movies but there is also the Turner Classic Movie heading in there!! They have the most wonderful movies listed and the titles change monthly AND there are easily a dozen or movies listed every month! During the Oscars they listed over 30 movies in 30 days, all award winners!! -Gosh, I guess I should have posted this during that month, eh?

If I had not been looking around for a free movie to watch, I would have never stumbled upon this channel, so I hope this helps someone else!

*You know which one I LOVED? You can't take it with you, which was a 1938 movie that was adapted from a play. Basically, the whole premise is about two men; one who lives to make money and the other who lives to be happy -and what happens when their lives meet.... or should I say clash! The acting is good, the clothes are fabulous and the plot is as old as the whole ' Can money buying happiness?' question. Definitely well worth seeing!

Anyway, peruse your cable box for the FREE MOVIES chanel and see if you can find the TCM freebies!
~Martina~

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
:cry: Alas, I have no such brilliant service.... :cry:

But I just had so give a resounding second on the recommendation of You Can't Take It With You..... absolutely adore that flick!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
That sounds like what we have, only it's called "On Demand" here. Isn't it the best?? I LOVE the Something Weird and TCM channels.

Martina

One of the Regulars
Amy Jeanne said:
That sounds like what we have, only it's called "On Demand" here. Isn't it the best?? I LOVE the Something Weird and TCM channels.

You're right! It is an On Demand station... I just checked it this morning. 20 movies to choose from currently... now, which one to watch today?

Martina

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo