Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AUCTION #82: Adam - Majestic - Size 7 1/4 - B005005F09-closed

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
AUCTION #82: Adam - Majestic - Size 7 1/4 - B005005F09

END DATE: Auction ends on Sunday, September 7 at 9:00 PM Eastern

HAT BARCODE: B005005F09
BRAND: Adam
STYLE: Majestic
SIZE: 7 1/4
CONDITION: Mint
MOTH NIBBLES?: 1 moth nibble
BRIM WIDTH: 2 3/4"

B005005F09_1.jpg

B005005F09_2.jpg

B005005F09_3.jpg

B005005F09_4.jpg

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Good question...

That's a good question... I don't see the nibble in any of the pictures, and I don't remember this particular hat. It's safely tucked away in a box at the warehouse, so we're stuck with the description, as is. Thus far, I haven't had any complaints from auction winners.

Here is my general explanation of the quality descriptions:

After initial discussions with several bartenders, we decided that a NOS, vintage hat, with one or two minor nibbles should be considered "mint" or "pristine". The Condition attempts to describe the overall condition of the hat, including the felt, the ribbon, the lining and the sweatband. Moth nibbles can be a factor in the overall condition of the hat, if they detract from the overall look of the hat. I try to list them as accurately as I can, and (As mentioned in previous posts, NONE of the auction hats have through-and-through holes.)

Descriptions are all subjective/relative, and that's why I generally let the professional photos represent the condition of each hat. I also try to post close-up photos of defects or nibbles, if they appear in the photos. Let me know if you want to see a close-up of anything specific.

frijoli said:
how can it be "mint" with one moth nibble?

Where is the nibble?

Clay

oh yeah bid 100

Roadrunner

One of the Regulars
I think I see it in the second picture, just behind the back of the pinch near the top of the crown. It's tiny, nothing to worry about. My Adam has three nibbles and they don't bother me in the least. I could probably fix them if I really wanted to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo