Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aviator / Motoring Goggles

BenchLoom

New in Town
I've had several people ask and I've been involved in several discussions about the best vintage-inspired goggles for motorcycles, motorcars and/or aviation. I can wholeheartedly recommend Jeantet of France. I've owned lots of different pairs from different makers and while these may require some effort, they're the best for these reasons:
1. Appearance/Style - it hasn't changed since they invented them nearly a century ago
2. Quality of materials - real leather and chrome (or brass)
3. Fit - the small size makes a better fit with helmet and vision
4. Safety - they use safety lenses that are to modern standards
5. Weather - multiple colored lenses are included

They also look good whether you're riding American or European bikes, or controlling any other motor vehicle like a car or plane. Here's the link. http://www.benchandloom.com/shop/specialty-shop/67

I'd be interested to know if anyone has any experience with other goggles they can highly recommend that are NOT Halcyon or Climax. (I've owned both of these common brands and I liked them just fine but found Jeantet to be better.)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I have the small Jeantet aviator goggles with Iridium lenses. Man, have they gone up in price, I think mine were under $100 out of the Custom Chrome catalog! They are nice on a summer day with a Pudding helmut, but to small for really cold days. I prefer the Halcyon RAF Goggles hands down. Much cheaper, and very protective. The Jeantet lenses are really thin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn