Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aviator/Pearl Harbor Makeup?

appy

Familiar Face
(I sincerely hope I've posted this in the right place. If not, I humbly apologize.)

I was visiting an informative site (Makeup411.com), which listed some of the makeup used for both of these films, but I wasn't able to find all I was looking for. Gwen Stefani's and Cate Blanchette's makeup for The Aviator were both listed, but not Kate Beckinsale's...

Also listed was Kate Beckinsale's makeup for Pearl Harbor, but I didn't find anything on the other women in the movie.

My question is, does anyone know this missing info, or at least some stabs in the dark as to what you think it might be? I'm terribly curious to know...

appy

Familiar Face
I'm really desperate to know, so I'm going to re-phrase and simplify my question. Hopefully, someone knows the answer...

In The Aviator, Cate Blanchette is wearing MAC Viva Glam and Gwen Stefani is wearing MAC Dubonnet. Does anyone know what Kate Beckinsale is wearing on her lips? I'd really love to know...

Thanks so much to ANYONE who can answer! :eek:

MarieAnne

Practically Family
That's a really tough one. I did find a few pictures of her from the movie and it looks like there may have been different lipsticks. I looked at the makeup of other actors and it's not like they only used one brand, which would help narrow it down. I think your best bet is to go to a makeup up counter with a picture and find a match.

appy

Familiar Face
MarieAnne said:
That's a really tough one. I did find a few pictures of her from the movie and it looks like there may have been different lipsticks. I looked at the makeup of other actors and it's not like they only used one brand, which would help narrow it down. I think your best bet is to go to a makeup up counter with a picture and find a match.

Yeah, I guess it's left up to a guessing game, then! lol [huh]

texasgirl

One Too Many
My only thought was if Glamour or InStyle or someone did an article about the movie with some info about the makeup. As far as websites, that one is the only one I know of. You might try contacting MK, the head guy in charge. I believe did at one point have something to do with that website.

Here are a couple pictures. Maybe MAC Russian Red. Hard to tell with all the lighting changes.

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

44.jpg

46.jpg

appy

Familiar Face
texasgirl said:
My only thought was if Glamour or InStyle or someone did an article about the movie with some info about the makeup. As far as websites, that one is the only one I know of. You might try contacting MK, the head guy in charge. I believe did at one point have something to do with that website.

Here are a couple pictures. Maybe MAC Russian Red. Hard to tell with all the lighting changes.

I wear Russian Red, and was thinking maybe that was it, too.

MaryMary

One of the Regulars
Ooooh I noticed on her website under the Noir Lipstick Collection that her lipstick tubes are the vintage bullet-style. I wonder if they are the same size as the originals, like the Besame lipsticks?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I realize this is quite an old thread, but I've just discovered Julie Hewett's Noir line and I'm in love! The colors and packaging are lovely - the lipsticks are full-size & in gold bullet-style tubes.

A local boutique carries her cosmetics but is discontinuing it, so she has everything on sale for half price. (If anyone is interested, I asked and they will do charge-ship and use Priority flat rate.) I picked up Film Noir & Rouge Noir lipsticks, and a "Kate" cream-pancake type foundation.

Julie was the lead makeup artist on Pearl Harbor, and found that she couldn't get a truly vintage matte 1940s look with modern lipsticks, so she created the Noir line. The lipsticks in the Noir line are moisturizing, very pigmented, and range from pale nudes to matte 40s red.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner