Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Avirex

breezer

Practically Family
HI, so I'm always on the look out for interesting varsity / baseball style jackets. I spotted this Avirex on eBay - and I kind of dig it. The price seems a bit rich........can anybody comment on how old this jacket might be, and whether Avirex should be in this price bracket. I like the colour of this one, and the tour jacket style back piece............

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18629279...18&osub=-1~1&crd=20240214102047&segname=11051

Edward

Bartender
Looks a little pricey, but that said looking at Avirex's website, they're now into +/- a grand US and upwards as the new price on pretty much everything I see there, so it's possible that will push up resellers' expectations as to what they can fetch used.

If you're not fixed on this specific design and just wat a cool looking varsity type jacket, there are plenty of options out there, which would make me leery.

breezer

Practically Family
I've asked for additional pics - looks like the armholes might be very wide 1980's style - which I don't find appealing. But it does have a great vintage look.....

BigPond

Familiar Face
Hard to say exactly, but it’s Avirex, NYC not the later made in China stuff. My guess is probably 84-90.

Avirex made decent stuff back in the day was the yuppy brand as opposed to Schott’s either rocker or gangster audience amongst nyc locals.

breezer

Practically Family
yeh Avirex do some weird street wear......big logos! Most of it is very ugly.....and yet this black raglan varsity jacket, with red trim, and Korean map motif, I find quite appealing! I wouldn't pay more than about 120 though - the seller has a whole bunch of Neo vintage Avirex all priced around 300, he's dreaming.

breezer

Practically Family
If anyone has a wool varsity jacket for sale - I prefer wool sleeves, rather than leather, in 40, shoot me a message.

blm14

One of the Regulars
The avirex brand was sold in 2006 to a streetwear label. So anything before that is at least in principal well made. Later stuff tends to be more fashiony and overstated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner