Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Awesome 40´s windward horsehide car coat jacket !!!

NICKY

Familiar Face
DSCN0305bc.jpg
[/IMG]

NICKY

Familiar Face
Hi , very sorry for the delay !!! So here are differents pictures of my WINDWARD Coat Horsehide Jacket in XL size that I sell on Ebay :

DSCN0307bcd.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0303b.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0302bc.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0308bc.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0305bc.jpg
[/IMG]

NICKY

Familiar Face
DESCRIPTION : What a great find in a very rare XL size !!! Here is the Car Coat Jacket styled & made by " WINDWARD Outdoor Clothing " .The color is a solid dark brown ; It's features one chest zip pocket , two hand flap pockets & two slash hand warmer pockets , a superb fur mouton collar and a green quilted lining . The belt is constructed in two sections which button into the half belt at the back !!! The main zipper was made by "TALON" . Don't miss out on this incredible 1940's Windward horsehide leather car coat jacket !!!

MEASUREMENTS : Chest 25" ( 63 cm ) , Shoulder to shoulder 21" ( 56 cm ) , Sleeve lenght 25" ( 66 cm ) , Total lenght from the top of collar to the end of jacket 31" ( 80 cm ) .

CONDITIONS : Fantastic , the condition of the horsehide leather is outstanding and still very supple for its age with a beautiful patina . The mouton collar is perfect . All the zippers are original and operate as they should . The quilted lining is basically in good condition . Noted flaws : The lining in the ends of the cuffs show wear (see the last pic) & the lining inside the two handwarmer pockets needs to be repaired .

Edward

Bartender
Nice jacket. The front-=beltg feature is certainly unusual. Am I understanding the photos correctly - it looks like the two bits of the belt at the front can be unbuttoned, leaving only the fixed, rear 'half belt' panel? Absent the front part of the belt, this looks very much like the sort of jacket the Aero HB Deluxe reproduces. I wonder was that sort of halfbelt-style derived from making a jacket with an arrangement like the one in your photo, but leaving out the front belt (either to cut costs, or because most folks wore it that way anyhow, or both)?

NICKY

Familiar Face
Hi Edwards , many thanks for your interest !!! Yes the two bits of the belt can be unbuttoned !!! It's very hard to find a Windward (half belt) with the original belt in two sections !!! If you're interested to buy these one the shipping cost will be 30$ !!! The "buy it now" price is 450$ + shipping cost and you can make me an offer until tomorow (the end of the auction on Ebay) !!! Best regards from Paris , NICKY .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes