Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbers in Maine, anyone?

ZackP

New in Town
With all of this talk of haircuts, I was hoping to see if anyone could recommend a good barbershop in Maine that does these vintage kinds of cuts!

cpdv

One of the Regulars
Good luck, the ones around Brunswick look at me weirdand don't really listen when I try to guide them with my 20s hairstyle.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
I cannot tolerate a barber who doesn't listen. Last time I went to the barbershop my regular barber, who always does exactly like I ask, was busy with several more customers waiting ahead of me. So I took the first chair that was available, which was his daughter, a (gasp) female barber. That alone should have warned me off, but not wanting to appear sexist, I let her cut my hair. Sure enough she wasn't a barber at all but a stylist in disguise. gave me exactly the kind of haircut I didn't want, taking way too much off the top and not nearly enough off the side and back, then layering it all together.

Well, at least my hair grows fast.

ZackP

New in Town
Good luck, the ones around Brunswick look at me weirdand don't really listen when I try to guide them with my 20s hairstyle.

That's always good! I've thought of trying High and Tight or Goodfellas, both in the Portland area. I know Goodfellas is also a cigar shop (for those who partake).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner