Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bemidji Woolen Mills

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
Locally, too, but I've been burned too many times to start buying on spec again. The best I can do is show you good sources.
Fully understand, I'm patient and looking locally in a (100) mile radius.
Retromoto

Last edited:

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
By coincidence I handled a Bemidji jacket for the first time today. It was pretty rough. I'd stick with Spencer's vintage stuff.
Not a bad jacket, but that kind of wool item just isn't milled like they used to be, and the wool doesn't seem as nice. My opinion.

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
By coincidence I handled a Bemidji jacket for the first time today. It was pretty rough. I'd stick with Spencer's vintage stuff.
Not a bad jacket, but that kind of wool item just isn't milled like they used to be, and the wool doesn't seem as nice. My opinion.

Thanks for the viewpoint and recommendation. The jacket I'm interested in is the North Shore, Double Back, Double Front in Red/Black Shadow which is a 30oz, 85/15 Wool blend material, The 85/15 blend IMO is typically "rougher" than a virgin wool material. I'm not sure which jacket you were looking at although this might explain the roughness you felt.
Retromoto

Last edited:

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
As the OP of this thread, I'm updating my findings. Bemidji was very good in supplying fitting dimensions and answering my questions. I ordered the jacket in question today and will report on my feelings about the product once it arrives. The purpose of this jacket is for casual wear on weekends, with layering over T-Shirts, etc. Kind of a in between temps jacket where my main objective is comfort first and enough style not to look like a bum.
Retromoto

Last edited:

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
I received my jacket today, this is (12) days after ordering, I feet this was excellent service as the item was built upon ordering for me and my size. My initial impression is the jacket has some heft to it. The 30oz. construction w/ doubled front and back coverage should more than keep me warm with just a t-shirt underneath. It's suppose to reach a low of 27 degrees here on Thursday night, I'm anxious to give the jacket a test for comfort, although I can't imagine it won't satisfy. The construction is imo of excellent quality. Seams are very consistent with a neat, finished appearance. Fit was perfect for my size(44). I contacted the manufacturers before ordering and their specifications were right on the money, bordering on what I feel would be a custom fitting. Pocket placement is comfortable to use, although time will provide a better idea. I feel I purchased a jacket which more than met my expectations, the company was excellent to deal with, that said, it does take a few days to get answers although you will get them. I would give this jacket a very high rating for value for money spent. My wife checked it out, agreed about the quality and after having me try it on, remarked, that's just what you were looking for, I agreed.
*3/16/16, I wore the jacket over a heavy t-shirt this morning to the Coffee Shop, temps were in the low to mid 30's. Jacket was very comfortable & warm. Even though there was a breeze, I found myself un-buttoning it for a bit of temperature adjustment. It's a keeper.

Retromoto

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes