Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bergdorf Goodman -Continued frm 5/14 Thread

We needed to pick this up from the 5/14 thread because it deserves some explanation, and after my research today, I have one.

IMG_3715-vi.jpg

IMG_3717-vi.jpg

When we saw the top suit in the window of Bergorf Goodman's we knew had to go up and see what it was all about. After all, here was something that actually had some style, and on 5th Avenue of all places! But though we searched we couldn't lay our hands on it - it was nowhere to be found - and while we waited for a clerk we came across the monstrosity in the second picture. Puzzlement ensued, and after collecing ourselves, we did then dug out a short jacket based on the Victorian suit above, but it was done up in some sort of metallic finish reminiscent of a good number of 50s sci-fi pictures. The clerk then came by and we asked him about the suit, but we were told that they didn't actually have them in stock. 'Sometimes we get items that are just for the window,' he said, or something to that effect, and then he wanted to know if I wanted him to haul up the one from the window. If they were going to go through that much trouble for a sale, I could well imagine the price. Thank you, no.

Well it seems that both the suit and the monstrosity are the handiwork of Thom Browne, the young designer whom we had a thread about a few months back. (Remember the queer-looking fellow with the shrunken suit? That's him.) None of us associated the name with the thread while we were at BG, and I just did a search, coming up with his line of...the thing is, he almost gets it right.

00040m.jpg

00080m.jpg

00030m.jpg

Regards,

Senator Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran