Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Place to sell an used Aero jacket

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I don't think Holly is deliberately not answering emails. I contacted her last week and haven't heard back, which is very unusual for her. There's been a nasty bug doing the rounds in the Central Belt, so she may've been laid low by that.

Foster

One of the Regulars
I've been corresponding with Holly for almost two months, it is taking on average a few days to a week for a reply, but she answers diligently even if it takes a little time. I know they're busy so I accept the fact that she cannot answer as quickly as in an ideal situation.

Heiko

Familiar Face
I've heard a lot about the great customer service and then experienced less than diligent service so I have become somewhat disenchanted. Perhaps Aero is or was a great company but they are struggling to deal with new customers, and since there are other excellent companies I doubt that I will be ordering from Aero in the near future.

Anyways, I don't think a couple thousand pounds is something to scoff at. It isn't a giant order but it is enough to warrant a reply within a week and then one that is accurate and adequately detailed.

ForestForTheTrees

One of the Regulars
Selling here on the forum probably makes the most sense. Of course there's always eBay.

There are other great options out there, including my personal favorite, Johnson Leathers out of San Francisco.

But if what you really want is another Aero, then maybe just hang in there a while longer. I've found that putting in a little more effort (and sometimes that means practicing a bit more patience) to get exactly what you want is almost always worth it.

It's been over a week....
So, Aero going through a major overhaul. New lineup. New staff. Backlog of many many jackets. Fixing backlog of jackets sold as horsehide, but may have been steer or mixed hides. Now you have a used jacket you want to trade in on a new jacket. You are concerned or confused as to why Aero haven't got back to you in a week?I'm glad I don't own a business.

cdog

New in Town
Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. I did not know of they were experiencing problems, my apologies to all Aero fans.

Die-Motte

New in Town
I have also emailed Holly because I wanted to trade in a jacket a few weeks ago! She apologized that it took her a while to answer because of the huge amount of emails she has to answer! It has been discussed here that Aero have some problems to deal with so I personally would stay calm and wait a little longer! Aero's customer service still is great!

Edward

Bartender
lol

RE OP.... I'd go classifieds here first then eBay. EBay will give you a good idea of the average market prices. Aero do well on there. FWIW, Aero's standard offer on a trade in is typically half what you paid (whether to them new or to someone else second hand), as I've discussed this with hem before. Obviously you'll get less from them on a trade in than you would selling privately as they need to be able to make money on second hand stock....

schitzo

Suspended
Personally, I'll hang in there and try to be patient.. but looking ahead, there would surely come a point when 'patience' transcends into 'stupidity' - and you would have to accept that your faith in this company has been misplaced.

For example, if you'd been waiting 6 months for a reply to your email then I think we could all agree that's too long. So at what point is the line reached? This guy isn't happy about a week. For me I would say 1 week is minor league. But that's just me. And I accept that individual thresholds are a matter of personal choice which will of course vary from one guy to the next.

I would add that probably those of us who previously have had aero jackets from the factory have greater thresholds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24