Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boy Scouts of America - 100 years old today

cptjeff

Practically Family
As a fairly recent eagle scout who has spent much of my life in scouting of one form or another, that article is dead on. Which is a shame, but the organization has brought it upon themselves. It's a shame, but I honestly expect it to continue to lose relevance until major changes in the leadership happen. And they won't, the mindset is self perpetuating.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here is my Dad's Boy Scout Knife. It's an Ulster 1502.
BSA #1502 Four blade camp knife, with main blade, combo can opener/long flat blade, awl, and three piece can opener. Brown bone handle, single line bolsters, permanent shackle on end opposite main blade, BSA shield is shield shaped. Shield side handle has a notch for the can opener pull. Main blade is etched "Official Knife". Main blade has a nail pull running 3/4 the length of the blade (long pull). Manufactured 1927-1940.

BuckleyBSAKnife.jpg
BuckleyBSAJackknife.jpg

-dixon 'tenderfoot' cannon

Trotsky

A-List Customer
The Wired article was really good. I made Eagle, with Bronze leaf, and Order of the Arrow. I have very good memories of my Scouting experience; didn't hurt we have one of the better Adult Leaders in the country. I do have a problem with the expelling of Atheist and Agnostic Scouts, but left to the individual troops I would like to believe you will find far more acceptance than not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW