Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Button Fly Suit Trousers

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Suitable said:
Those moleskin trousers are indeed very handsome. Is the colour what bookster calls midnight blue? They appear not to offer navy in moleskin.

I shall have to order a pair of those trousers. I tend to prefer two pleats but hesitate to request pleats in thick moleskin. Any advice on this point?
I think that you may be right and Midnight Blue would be accurate
Regarding pleats, I don't have pleats and its possibly because this style of Moleskins has always been a flat front trouser.
I do ahve pleated moleskins and the the weight of the moleskin tends to make the trousers look a bit heavy and thick below the waist, so i like the cleaner look of a flat front.

Dont forget also that if ordering trousers to wear with braces then go an inch or two larger than your usuual waist size. two reasons for this.. as they are being supported by braces they will not be bunched up by a belt and also after that huge 4 or 5 course meal you wont feel like your trousers are going to throttle you!!

Suitable

New in Town
Thanks for confirming my belief that pleats would be undesirable on moleskin trousers.

Yes, I get my trousers made an inch or two larger in the waist. They should hang free and let the braces do their job. The ability to wear loose trousers is one of the (many) joys of wearing braces. But there are limits. Recently I tried on some old trousers of mine that are now several sizes too large, and the effect was rather clownish, even though the braces held them up perfectly.

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Absolutely. I love wearing braces.. very comfortable and look great!!

Suitable said:
Thanks for confirming my belief that pleats would be undesirable on moleskin trousers.

Yes, I get my trousers made an inch or two larger in the waist. They should hang free and let the braces do their job. The ability to wear loose trousers is one of the (many) joys of wearing braces. But there are limits. Recently I tried on some old trousers of mine that are now several sizes too large, and the effect was rather clownish, even though the braces held them up perfectly.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Rather than start a new thread I found this former one.
button fly.jpg

Now you don't get that kind of fitting with a high street tailor. My wife is still working on my new trousers, I have just tried them on to check that the marriage tackle is comfortable. A button up fly has always been my preference, the lady never complains, she makes the panel where the buttonholes go then sews it into the garment. Poking a marker through the buttonhole gives her an accurate point when sewing on the buttons. They always fit perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner