Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camel Hair Overcoat

offshoresa65s

New in Town
Hi.

I'm looking for a Crombie style Camel hair coloured overcoat, something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayIS...8241456&lgeo=1&vectorid=229508#ht_2800wt_1094

I've trawled through all the feedback from this seller and he gets great feed back for many of his items, but when I find the above item in the feed back, I see comments like, "nice communication" "arrived quickly", no one actually says, wow great quality coat. However, many of the other overcoats he sells invoke comments like "really great quality coat", "nice fabric" etc

So, it's not that I want opinions about this ebay coat, I'd like some advice about other brands etc. I don't want to pay enormous amounts for a camel hair over coat like a Crombie. In fact their current catalouge doesn't even have a coat like the example of the ebay coat

When I were in london last, I bought a really nice Black overcoat at Brooks Brothers for around 600 pounds, so that's my budget.

The coat from Brooks Brothers was assembled in china, but the fabric is the Italian Loro Piana Storm System. Has a really nice feel.

Any advice, recommendations wold be welcome.

Cheers

O

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
If your budget is £600, forget the eBay coat and find something better, £100 says it all in my opinion.
I always wanted a Camel belt tie coat, a bit like Gene kelly wears at the beginning of 'Singing in the Rain'. I showed a pic to a tailor in Jermyn St Piccadilly(London), he told me a good one will cost around £500 up to £2000, anything cheaper would be inferior quality etc as you pay for what you get with clothing.
The eBay coat looks ok in the pics but up close?
I see you are in Australia, there must be a decent gentleman's outfitters for the discerning Aus to buy his clothes.
Would look nice with some RM Williams Jodpurh Jeans and polished Craftsman boots.
J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda