Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Christmas Belles", from Marks & Spencer

matei

One Too Many
My wife just showed me a promotional film on Marks & Spencers website (www.marksandspencer.com) that shows off their holiday line of womens fashion.

It is a nice tip of the hat to the Rock Hudson/Doris day era films.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought I'd give it a look, and I've probably replayed it about 10 times in the last couple hours. What a great ad, and they did a great job of making the modern-day actresses look like they were in classic movies. Besides Hudson & Day, there were tips of the hat to Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn among others. And I thought Twiggy (yes, THAT Twiggy!) looked fantastic.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for posting the link to this commercial--now that was retro done right! I loved spotting the films they lifted the scenes from, Bandaras was perfect casting and it was great to see Twiggy too. I think my favorite bit was "Clothes! Clothes! Clothes!"

On a related note, the song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" always makes me think of an old Staples commercial here in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPIIMbG9R4w

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot