Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigar Smokers: Cutters and Lighters

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. Paladin said:
I bought a Blazer from Heartfelt Ind. about six months ago and it is great. They also sell Palio cutters but I haven't tried that brand. I use an inexpensive v-cutter as I like that cut the best and I seem to misplace them before I dull them. http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/default.asp

Thanks for that link, Mr. P. I found all kinds of useful items there for reasonable prices.

Garrett

John in Covina said:
Revised Zino Cutter from Davidoff! I just read that they re-did the size of the Zino cutter so it will take up to a 56 ring gauge. A new Zino is on the list of things to get when things improve.

I saw the price on those and I was blown away. What makes this better than the Xicar cutter?

I don't know that you could say better, different yes better, maybe.

The Zino cutter I have I bought 20 years ago and it works as well as it did new. They say the design makes it sort of self sharpening. Zino Davidoff was a neat guy that was big in making for new lines of cigars at Davidoff. (He got so fed up with the Cubans loss of quality that he dumped them as tobacco sources.) He passed on some time ago but is fondly remember by many. And since the Zino cutter is from Davidoff it's a sort of plus also.

If you look at Mike's Cigars site i think they are around $26.

I actually have quite a laughable Ronson that was my fathers that is perfectly usable for cigars and anything else for that matter. It has an aluminum body that is sort of patterned for lack of a better term. Likely from the 1950s, I thought it was going to be quite a stretch for this thing to still be working after all this time. I filled it with butane and it worked just fine. In fact, I turned the flame up to its full setting and it shoots a flame out three inches high! Quite surprising at first. :eek: lol lol Works great on any cigar or lightable tobacco. ;)
It looks something like this varaflame:
!B(96PBw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKiEEjlLmfVPLBKfDbOJUMg~~_35.JPG

I cut my cigars either with a special knife or a cutter that I got so long ago that I can't remember the name.
Now that I think of it, another lighter I can live with is a Lucienne pipe lighter a friend gave me:
yhst-68128633978310_2056_6166467

Ok, so I collect lighters too. :D

The ever present Ronson lighters that you can likely find for $5 somewhere where vintage items are sold:
AligatorandCobra.jpg

The flint was so old and hard that I had to take the lighter apart and ram a tapping needle through the old flint to clean it out and replace it with a new flint. :eusa_doh: Works for me though. :D

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
Palio

BillyCigars said:
The cutter I actually prefer though is a Palio. They cut through cigars like a hot knife through soft butter and they are reasonably priced and come in a variety of different finishes..

I was wondering if we were going to get to the Palio's any time soon. Just lay it on the table, stick in your cigar, and give it a click.

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
Colibri

I read that the Colibri company went out of business -- just bankrupted and closed the doors. Maybe it had to do with all the warranty business they had to do.

I have used the same duo burner Colibri for four years. Only had to send it in once when then kids stole it out of my case and used it to fire off some fireworks at the beach. We'll pull the curtain of charity over what happened to some young rears.

I just follow the instructions and it keeps on working. These days I use it just for touchups as I have some really long sulfur free matches. I think a match just toasts the end a lot more gently than a double jet of flame.

Mr. Paladin

BobC said:
Thanks for that link, Mr. P. I found all kinds of useful items there for reasonable prices.

I think they are a great company Bob. The humidity beads are in all of my desktop humidors and I have a bag in the cabinet in case the power goes out long term. Prices are reasonable for their merchandise and a good selection, as you see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace