Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Warner DVD 2006 releases

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Warner is releasing some nice films on DVD in 2006, featuring newly-remastered HD transfers. Of note:

The Maltese Falcon (1941) - packaged with The Maltese Falcon - Dangerous Female (1931) and Satan Met a Lady (1936)

And also "The Warner Tough Guys Collection" - featuring 'G' Men (1935), Bullets or Ballots (1936), San Quentin (1937), A Slight Case of Murder (1938), Each Dawn I Die (1939) and City for Conquest (1940)

For musical lovers, we have:

"The Astaire and Rogers Collection, Volume 2" - featuring Flying Down to Rio (1933), The Gay Divorcee (1934), Roberta (1935), Carefree (1938) and The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle (1939)

"The Busby Berkley Collection" - featuring Footlight Parade (1933), Gold Diggers of 1933 (1933), Dames (1934) and Gold Diggers of 1935 (1935)

The information, and more, comes from http://www.thedigitalbits.com/

Going to be a good year for DVDs.:) Bullets or Ballots is great fun!

It just dawned on me that I recorded Dangerous Female on TCM last year and still haven't watched it!

Brad

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
I’ve really been impressed with the way Warner has been releasing these collections. They’ve hit the nail on the head with the choice of films in each set and I love the extras, especially the “Warner night at the movies� included with the gangster films.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Warner's been doing a great job, and with films from other studios too, like the Thin Man Set. Paramount couldn't even put together a decent edition of Chinatown for the 30th anniversary. They've let Double Indemnity and Lost Weekend go out of print. Thank goodness Warner is taking these old films seriously and putting together such great packages.

Now, if only someone would put together a Preston Sturges set with the six great films of '39-'41 and a few of the others he wrote, like Easy Living, Diamond Jim and Power and the Glory. That'd be sweet.

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
My wife got me the “Thin Man collection� and “King Kong� for Christmas. Both great, though “King Kong� isn’t Warner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari