Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Closet Cleaning Pre-Christmas - vintage and vintage style hats and clothes, as well as Indy Gear

Mulceber

Practically Family
Hi All,

I’m looking to thin out my closet, as I have a bunch of hats, jackets and clothes that I really don’t wear anymore. Price listed is flexible for all of them, and I’m willing to hear other offers. Just thought I'd check to see if anyone would like to grab them before I put them up on the bay.

The first one that I have to list is a vintage Knox 40 with custom (i.e. Cavanagh) edge. Size is 7 1/2. Some moths have had a nibble over the years, and I had to have Art Fawcett replace the sweatband, as it was literally crumbling, but this hat is otherwise in pristine condition. The only reason I don’t wear it much is that the dimensions are a bit squat for my taste, but it would look great on many other people! Asking price is $300, plus S&H.

MjBNGft.jpg
M2TLeu9.jpg
qaq1lOM.jpg

This is a size 7 1/2 vintage Homburg that I picked up from another user here. Couldn’t get it to look right on me, so I’m letting it go. If I recall correctly, it dates back to the 1930s, and is in fantastic condition: the felt has that quality we all look for where it will mold to whatever shape you want effortlessly, but holds that shape well, and the embossed leather sweat band is original, and in great shape for its age. It features a frayed edge ribbon, and a liner added rather more recently when I had Art re-flange the brim. Asking price is $200, plus S&H.

lkdsQIG.jpg
hDodonh.jpg
T4mgLUZ.jpg

Next is a Milan I bought from Optimo around 2014. It has a tag for size 59, but is actually half-way between a 59 and a 60. It was $495 when I bought it — not sure what one of these would cost now, thanks to Optimo’s price increases, but I’ll sell it for $250.

Me6djhI.jpg
vZ4NwN5.jpg

The last item is a 3-piece suit I purchased from Shepard & Woodward in the UK back in 2010. It’s marked as a 40L, but is a bit tight on me, now that I’ve filled out. The Jacket measurements are: pit-to-pit 21.5, shoulders 18.5, back 23.5 and sleeve 26. The measurements of the pants are waist 35 or 36, inseam 31.5. Asking price is $100, plus S&H.

POZ2DTK.jpg

For Indiana Jones fans, I have a 2017 Herbert Johnson Raiders Reboot in rabbit in size 7 1/2. It has been reblocked by John Penman and given a bit of the characteristic Raiders reverse taper. The felt is some of the best modern stuff I’ve ever felt, and almost feels like beaver. The only reason this isn’t my go-to Indy hat is that I also have an Adventurebilt Legacy hat by John that I think is even better. These currently cost £365 new - I’m offering it for Sold.

OqrN3eL.jpg
0VWPUT5.jpg

The next two are also Indy hats, both by Garrison Hatters. The first was made in 2017 from Garrison’s (then-new) russet toned felt, and is a size 7/12. It was quickly supereseded in my hat collection by Herbert Johnson, and then the ABL. It is extremely floppy, but still holds its shape well. Asking price is $125 plus S&H.

iIG6GTQ.jpg
amWEOgB.jpg

The other Garrison hat is older, from shortly after he opened his hat shop. I bought it in 2011, and is a 7 1/2. It has the Streets of Cairo look and distressing. Asking price is $75, plus S&H.

0txRxLn.jpg
mFyIuES.jpg

Outside of the world of hats, I have a Wested “Hero” Raiders jacket that I purchased in 2011. I’ve since moved on to a Bill Kelso Relic Hunter. Size is 42, with a back length of 25.5in/65cm and a sleeve length of 24in/61 cm. It has had a little bit of damage: I once made the mistake of applying sealant to a house while wearing it, and got some on it: I used acetone to remove the sealant, but there are some traces that are visible if you look closely (see photos). If you want it, I’ll sell it for $125, plus S&H.

wu8H4Xr.jpg
jdENruu.jpg

I have 3 Indy shirts for sale.

The first is an Azuma shirt from his Last Crusade Shirt run. Azuma’s shirts are widely considered to be the most accurate reproductions of any of the shirts worn by Harrison Ford. This is a collar-size 16.5 (42 cm). I’m a little tall, and so the sleeves are too short on me. I’ve worn it a couple times with the sleeves rolled up, but it’s otherwise in mint condition. If you wear a regular 16.5 shirt, this could be a great fit for you. Asking price is SOLD.

Next is an early Magnoli Adventure shirt, Raiders style, purchased in 2007. Size is about 15.5 inch neck (38.75 cm), with 25 inch (63.5 cm) sleeves. It should fit a 20 inch (50.5 cm) chest. $50, plus S&H.

UWodgEj.jpg

Finally, on the Indy front, I have a WPG shirt in medium. As with the Azuma shirt, the only reason this shirt didn’t fit was that the sleeves were too short (~23.5 inches). Asking price is SOLD.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner