Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cockpit --usa

kojax

Practically Family
i just got the new catalog from cockpit usa. they make some preety nice jackets all made in the usa......i am looking at there new cockpit usa vintage goatskin g-i preety nice jacket ........check out there website cockpit usa..

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
Cockpit is owned by the founders of Avirex. They sold the Avirex name and now make flight jackets under the Cockpit name. If authenticity is not an issue, they are decent every day wearers. They did have some quality issues a couple of years ago. Glad to hear they are making jackets in the US again.

Ray

kojax

Practically Family
cockpit usa

i just received my new g-i vintage goatskin jacket today.....unreal the goatskin was paper thin the fur collar felt so still looked like a roll of toliet paper lol.........the fit was uful...... i wraped it up sent it back today real sad looking jacket.......i have a flght suite a2 goatskin very nice and i have a a2 horsehide from u.s mfg. real nice jackets......i will get a g-i jacket from flight suite..............

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Kojax,

You should realy look at e-bay for an original G-1. I've been trooling it for months looking for a particular A-2. there are an unbelievable amount of realy nice original G-1's from the 60's. If yo like them get a black lable and look at the DSA number. the second set of numbers is the year it was made. The black lables are worth more than the white. Suposedly the leather is realy thick good quality stuff. You can't get that kind of hide from FS. I'm bouncing around about getting an Aero a-2 soon. My flight suits A-2 is breaking in beauty. the grain is coming up nice. good luck with your next one.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Vintage G-1s are everywhere and cheap. No point in spending $300+ on something new when you can have the genuine article for $75.

SGB

One of the Regulars
Originals are always available, repros are a waste of money. But, if one wants to buy a repro and never have as good of quality and pay too much, so be it. I can't see buying a lesser quality jacket for more money, makes no sense.

SGB

kojax

Practically Family
thank you for the emails guys....i think i will go with flight suite g-i jacket. i have the a2 from them very nice jacket....the one thing i like about flight suite there leather is nice.....they are pickie about there leather....i could not believe the g-i jacket from cockpit usa. they should be ashamed making jackets like that.......i could not wainte to send it back i did the same day lol........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic