Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Color photos Suits 1938 to 1946

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Is that Joe E Brown in pic #2 or a lookalike?

Great pics btw. I snuck into the powder room to have shifty at the Cushman photos of swimsuits and playsuits. Where are these pictures coming from?

I wonder what that Battery bum would say if we went back in time and offered him, let's say, $50 for his belted back coat? and $25 for his newsboy?

Note, gents, how short they wear their ties! Particularly the guy at the grand ca?±on.

Very nice photos indeed. IU certainly has an interesting history documentation project going on ...

bk

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow! I can never get enough of this stuff.

It is one thing to see an old film and another to see how normal people lived, what their environments looked like, and how they dressed.

It's absolutely amazing to see this and imagine the stories that go along with the images.

Martina

One of the Regulars
1938-1946 suits

It seems like everytime I start to look up some specific information about vintage clothing I get side-tracked, sometimes for hours, while enjoying someone else's old family photos.

I especially loved the photo of the two men in blue suits, with a partial third man on the right. Just look at the soles of the shoes on the man with the crossed legs! A stark difference to today's population where anything that starts to show wear is tossed aside, although my guess is that he was wearing those worn shoes out of necessity; those look like some thick woolen socks he has on also.

Thanks Marc for posting these great pictures!
Martina

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo