Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Copywrite Issue #2

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Sooooo... ix-nay on the rading-tay of adio-ray rograms-pay.

Osama Bin Laden they can't catch but they'd do all they can to prosecute people trading 70 year old monophonic, low-res radio shows.

Law & Order: OTR Unit - "dunk" "dunk"

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've seen it happen, unfortunately. All it takes is one complaint from a rightsholder to start serious trouble. There was quite a spate of crackdowns from rightsholders in 1998-99, when the internet MP3 stuff was really getting started, and a lot of websites got put out of business. We don't intend to risk that here.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
I've seen it happen, unfortunately. All it takes is one complaint from a rightsholder to start serious trouble. There was quite a spate of crackdowns from rightsholders in 1998-99, when the internet MP3 stuff was really getting started, and a lot of websites got put out of business. We don't intend to risk that here.

Please don't take what I wrote personally. It is good to remind everyone of the current state. I was just venting and not at you Lizzie.

Happy Easter!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Not taken personally at all -- I just wanted to make sure folks understand the line of reasoning behind the policy, and that it's not something arbitrarily imposed. I think it's a good idea, in general, to be very careful about these things in a publicly-accessible forum -- you never know who might be watching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt