Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dated Borsalinos.

I remember that someone or a few members have Borsalinos that are dated. Not speculatively dated based on some kind of numbering system Voodoo or by liners; Hats that actually have a date written inside them, or have a dated newspaper jammed inside the sweatband (I had this for a Stetson Whippet), or came in a box saying "Borsalino hat that dad wore to World's Fair 1940" (The Baroness has a womens hat like this). Any other kind of unequivocal dating will be accepted.

If i am not hallucinating about this, please could the members with the dated hats post pics of them here? I'm interested in seeing the sweatbands (particularly the stamped 'Borsalino' part) and any labels stuck to the felt under the sweatbands. Just to be clear: I am not attempting to create a new dating system. I have reasons for wanting to see the sweatbands which may become clear if i get any useful info out of this research.

Many thanks in advance,

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy