Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dieting practices of women in the 1950s & '40s?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Another important factor in weightloss is sleep. Several studies have shown that chronic insomniacs don't burn calories at a much slower rate. I've been an insomniac my whole life(mom says I only slept 4 hours a day from the very beginning), so I'm not surprised to discover this info.

texasgirl

One Too Many
I scanned some of the articles and ads from the Physical Cuture magazine and have posted them on my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/texasgirl_333/sets/72157621779829889/

There are some interesting articles on the Modern Girl, a 50/50 marriage, Sunshine, Women and Nerves and others

Men :)
men.jpg

If you're too skinny
skinny1.jpg

Artistic Beautiful Body
artistic.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
Another important factor in weightloss is sleep. Several studies have shown that chronic insomniacs don't burn calories at a much slower rate. I've been an insomniac my whole life(mom says I only slept 4 hours a day from the very beginning), so I'm not surprised to discover this info.
I meant to say "insomniacs burn calories at a much slower rate":eusa_doh:

SayCici

Practically Family
Texasgirl - I love how in the second ad it looks like those 5 pounds only went to one place. The two different girls are just as skinny as the other, but the one on the right has bigger boobs!

zendy

A-List Customer
SayCici said:
Texasgirl - I love how in the second ad it looks like those 5 pounds only went to one place. The two different girls are just as skinny as the other, but the one on the right has bigger boobs!
I was thinking the same thing. How funny that the malt only makes you gain boob weight!

yummykiwi

New in Town
SayCici said:

Exactly what I thought. My husband would totally approve of that purchase!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
kamikat said:
Me too. I can always remember my mom fighting with me to get me to go to sleep, I have school in the morning blah blah blah....I used to think I was a "night person" until I got older and realized it was a form of insomnia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24